Thursday, March 24, 2005

Parts Arrived!

Well, the first parts order post was quite a while back, but I've been busy...

The screen showed up, worked a couple of times for testing, and then DIED! I went from the heights of excitement to the depths of depression nearly instantly. And then I found out the disadvantage of buying from the cheapest site on the Internet. I rushed the screen to them, but found out they don't stock them. So he had to wait for his next shipment before he could ship me a new screen, ground from CA...

Of course, I had a family vacation in the middle, so that also set everything back a bit. But...

The AUX input adapter came in for my factory (Ford) radio, and worked like a champ! I will post pics later. It allows me to run up to three audio sources into the unit without splicing a single wire, and it treats them as a factory CD changer. I got it from www.cardomain.com.

The replacement screen did finally show up. Of course I was in Texas for work... I finally got started with it this evening. Works great! I hooked it up to my laptop. This will be the test bed for software, etc. until I scrounge up enough $$ to order the PC parts, and build the storage and console for the truck.

I am still debating the front-end. The two I will be testing first are FrodoPlayer and Mobile Media Center (MMC). I downloaded the newest code and am off to install...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home