Sunday, April 03, 2005

BETA Test

So with the touchscreen in, I thought it was time for some tests. I loaded both front end packages onto my laptop and stuck it on the front seat. The software quikly showed it was up the task, however the touch screen kept fritzing. Simply unplugging and replugging the UCB cable seemed to bring it back. I didn't want to tweak my laptop too much as I need it for work so...

I snagged an older PC for testing. A P3 600. What a DOG! Anyway, I through it in the back of my truck, quikly wired up an AC inveter for power, and VIOLA! BETA TEST!

After trying out both front ends under consideration, FrodoPlayer is now the front runner. It is a clean and simple and does not require .NET or anything else to run. I am getting quite comfortable with it and will probably end up customizing a skin for it later. But for now, FP has shown it will do all I need and then some.

I think the planning stages are done. It is now time to start hard mounting it in and working out the details...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home