Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Final Installation

It's done! After several months of abuse to the schedule it is all in the truck (hopefully) for the last time. I believe I have addressed my cooling problem with the addition of a rather large fan to the enclosure. I have added the storage openings so that I gain some utility out of the back. I added a ton of padding to keep the edges from scratching and squeaking. Done! Well, this generation anyway.

What's next? Lots of software tweaks. I have not found a skin that I am totally happy with just yet so I either need to tweak the one I have or build a new one. I also want to add a skin to the GPS application to fully integrate it from an appearance perspective. And there is the issue of the MP3 collection. I want to clean up what I have and then be able to update it more easily than now. Ideally I would like to download Podcasts in the mornings before I leave for work. But I don't have a plan for that just yet. And then of course there's the issue of satellite radio. I have some questions but it seems very possible.

But first, I have some repairs to accomplish. The factory piece around the A/C and radio it missing some paint. Due to the hurricane getting warranty work done is nearly impossible so I don't know when this will happen. Also, I discovered an issue with the weather stripping on my tonneau cover. I really need to fix that.

Center Console Install
Here is the console installation after the final coat of paint and tweaking.














Rear Deck Install
Complete with custom doors to provide extra storage.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home